- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the red pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the bread cubes, chilies and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; fill with stuffing. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add remaining oil. Cook chops over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPepper-Stuffed Pork Chops
"The first time I made these were awesome. My husband loves them, I make them at least once a month."
"Wonderful says it all! I saved it to my recipe box."
"We loved it. Need I say more."