- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the red pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the bread cubes, chilies and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; fill with stuffing. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add remaining oil. Cook chops over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper-Stuffed Pork Chops in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p31
Reviews for Pepper-Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2012
The first time I made these were awesome. My husband loves them, I make them at least once a month.
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
Wonderful says it all! I saved it to my recipe box.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2011
We loved it. Need I say more.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >