- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 2 cups each sliced green, sweet red and yellow peppers (1/2-inch strips)
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, mushrooms, onions, water, salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beef and vegetables; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into cooking juices; cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef, vegetables and mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pepper Steak in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review