Pepper Steak with Potatoes Recipe
I added potatoes to an Asian family favorite to create well-rounded skillet dish. It's a snap to prepare because the potatoes are prepared in the microwave, plus it is hearty enough to satisfy all the men in our house.Kristine Marra, Clifton Park, New York
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place the potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute beef and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; drain drippings. In the same skillet, saute green pepper and onion until crisp-tender. Return beef to the pan. Add potatoes and pepper; heat through.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over meat mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak with Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak with Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >