I added sliced red potatoes to one of my favorite recipes for Asian-style pepper steak. Now this hearty supper satisfies everyone at home, including hungry guys with big appetites. —Kristine Marra, Clifton Park, New York
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix broth, cornstarch and pepper until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add potatoes and beef to pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak with Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p7
Reviews forPepper Steak with Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2011
"This was a great recipe. Everyone in the family liked it and it was very easy to make."
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
"This was a good recipe, a big hit with my husband and I."