Pepper Steak with Potatoes Recipe
I added potatoes to an Asian family favorite to create well-rounded skillet dish. It's a snap to prepare because the potatoes are prepared in the microwave, plus it is hearty enough to satisfy all the men in our house.—Kristine Marra, Clifton Park, New York
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix broth, cornstarch and pepper until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add potatoes and beef to pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak with Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p7
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2011
This was a great recipe. Everyone in the family liked it and it was very easy to make.
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
This was a good recipe, a big hit with my husband and I.