Pepper Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the picante sauce, soy sauce and ginger; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry meat in 2 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlic and remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 3. Stir picante sauce mixture and add to skillet with meat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 218 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.