Pepper Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
Judy Brown of Rockdale, Texas makes her own picante sauce for this beefy dish, but she suggests you can also use a store-bought brand. "My husband doesn't care for Asian food," Judy writes, "but he likes this great dish with its Mexican flair."
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the picante sauce, soy sauce and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry meat in 2 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlic and remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir picante sauce mixture and add to skillet with meat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >