"You'll want to make plenty of these speedy sandwiches because they're unbelievably delicious," promises Ruby Williams from her home in Bogalusa, Louisiana. Garlic flavors a mixture of leftover steak, green pepper strips and sliced onion heaped on crisp rolls.
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked beef sirloin or round steak (3/4 pound), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, saute the green peppers, onion and half of the garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Add steak, salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- Blend butter and remaining garlic; spread over cut side of rolls. Place steak mixture on bottom halves; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p36
Reviews for Pepper Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review