Pepper Steak Sandwiches Recipe
"You'll want to make plenty of these speedy sandwiches because they're unbelievably delicious," promises Ruby Williams from her home in Bogalusa, Louisiana. Garlic flavors a mixture of leftover steak, green pepper strips and sliced onion heaped on crisp rolls.
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked beef sirloin or round steak (3/4 pound), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, saute the green peppers, onion and half of the garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Add steak, salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- Blend butter and remaining garlic; spread over cut side of rolls. Place steak mixture on bottom halves; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p36
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >