Pepper Steak Salad
"This hearty luncheon salad is a great way to use up leftover steak," says Amanda Prestigiacomo of Seabrook, Texas. Pepper strips give the chilled medley color while store-bought Italian dressing makes assembly a breeze.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye steak (1/2 pound)
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the steak, peppers and olives. Drizzle with
- salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.