"This hearty luncheon salad is a great way to use up leftover steak," says Amanda Prestigiacomo of Seabrook, Texas. Pepper strips give the chilled medley color while store-bought Italian dressing makes assembly a breeze.
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye steak (1/2 pound)
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the steak, peppers and olives. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"The salad was very good. But needed some greens, which I added to make it delicious."