Pepper Steak Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with cilantro and rosemary.
- 3. Place two tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut steak into thin strips; place on tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, place pepper mixture over steak. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and remaining tortillas; lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
2 wedges equals 252 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Quesadillas
"A big hit! Instead of steak, I used pre-sliced thin strips, which I had on-hand. I sprinkled with a bit of steak seasoning and saut?ed in the pan before I did the vegetables."
"we loved this..i used 1 med red onion sliced thin , 2 tortolas and 1/2 c of cheese to make serving size for 2 people"
"Delicious, very easy to make. Whole family loved them, even my picky eater."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.