Have a taste for pepper steak? There's no need to make enough to feed the whole neighborhood!" This small-quantity recipe, suggested by Rita Winterberger of Huson, Montana, yields savory and satisfying results.
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Pound steak to tenderize; cut into 1/4-in. strips. In a skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Combine cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Pepper Steak for One in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p11
Reviews forPepper Steak for One
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2010
"Good pepper steak. Could use some more flavor, maybe some ginger. Will make again, nice to not have a ton of leftovers."