- 1/2 pound beef round steak (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Cut meat into 2-in. x 1-in. strips; brown in a skillet in oil for 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour into skillet. Sprinkle meat with pepper. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cold water, cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak for 2
Sort By :
"Made this for dinner tonight and my husband and I loved it. Easy and delicious."
"This is a great recipe. So yummy."
"Quick prep time, tastes better than take-out. I made a few changes, I used beef stock instead of water and beef bouillon cube, and used a whole small onion. Next time will use more pepper. Overall good recipe."
"This recipe was great. I did add red wine and a little more garlic and served it over rice."
"This was good, nothing spectacular in my opinion but my husband really liked it alot, it was not a winner with the kiddos though, my 12 year old picked at it but did eat it, my 3 year old took one bite and spit it out, so we just gave him the noodles with some cheese instead."