Pepper Steak Fettuccine Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the beef, green pepper and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 468 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1149mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Fettuccine
"I have made this recipe several different times, its always good. I have used fresh mushrooms and its good that way and canned in a pinch. The stir fry beef at the store that is precut is also a quick timesaver as well."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.