Pepper Steak Fettuccine
"My husband is a pasta lover, so I created this tangy dish for him," explains Crysta West of New Straitsville, Ohio. Strips of round steak, green pepper and onion make it heartyand at 99¢ a serving, it's economical, too.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, green pepper and onion in butter
- until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms,
- salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with
- beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 468 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,149 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.