- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, green pepper and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Fettuccine
"I have made this recipe several different times, its always good. I have used fresh mushrooms and its good that way and canned in a pinch. The stir fry beef at the store that is precut is also a quick timesaver as well."