Pepper Squash Saute Recipe
Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Janice McCloskey in Howard, Pennsylvania. "I often double it because it’s so good reheated later in the week," she explains.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, summer squash and carrot; saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pepper Squash Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC