Pepper Squash Saute
Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Janice McCloskey in Howard, Pennsylvania. "I often double it because it’s so good reheated later in the week," she explains.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter for
- 3-4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, summer squash and carrot; saute
- 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.