This is my version of a soup we enjoyed at a restaurant. With green, red and yellow peppers, it's so colorful. I like to serve this slightly spicy soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. - Debbie Fails, Neenah, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, peppers and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining
- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2
Pepper Soup already has some zip form the cayenne pepper. But if you like foods even hotter, stir in some chopped jalapeno peppers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.