Pepper Slaw Sandwich Spread
This tangy-sweet topping gets a little heat and crunch from the pepper slaw. Try a dollop of the zesty mixture on grilled burgers, hot dogs or brats. It’s also great on Reubens, roast beef, cold cuts or any kind of sandwich. The sky is the limit!Kristen Cummins, Rootstown, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons pepper slaw, well drained
- In a small bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese and brown sugar
- until blended. Stir in pepper slaw. Chill until serving. Use as a
- spread for sandwiches and hamburgers. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Editor’s Note: Pepper slaw is available from Stevereno's Peppers. Call 1-330/325-7578 or visit www.steverenospeppers.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon spread equals 33 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.