- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic until tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the butter, oregano and basil. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Shrimp Scampi in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
Quick and easy. A little bland so I added 1 Tsp roasted red-pepper salad dressing and sprinkled with lemon pepper. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >