Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper
"I found the recipe for Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper several years ago while living in Corpus Christie.It's often requested when guests visit and sure comes in handy when the boys come home with a great catch."—Windy Byrd, Sweeny, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Dip fillets in
- butter, then rub with spice mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for
- 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.