Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Dip fillets in butter, then rub with spice mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 298 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper
"A great, quick recipe. My snapper filets were still partly frozen, but came out fine anyway. I served it with lightly butter rice and a tossed salad."
"Cooked this on the grill just the way recipe was written. Just the right amount of spice. Delicious!"
"I tried this recipe after my mother raved about it - our whole family loves it! Great flavor for minimal work. I use Tilapia."
"I've made this for my husband and he's picky about fish but he can't say enough about how he loves it. I've used used it on several different kinds of fish and they all come out beautifully. I cook it in a combination of 1 tbsp. veg. oil and 1 tbsp. butter and it gets a wonderful, crispy coating."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.