- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Dip fillets in butter, then rub with spice mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper
Sort By :
"Cooked this on the grill just the way recipe was written. Just the right amount of spice. Delicious!"
"I tried this recipe after my mother raved about it - our whole family loves it! Great flavor for minimal work. I use Tilapia."
"I've made this for my husband and he's picky about fish but he can't say enough about how he loves it. I've used used it on several different kinds of fish and they all come out beautifully. I cook it in a combination of 1 tbsp. veg. oil and 1 tbsp. butter and it gets a wonderful, crispy coating."