"I found the recipe for Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper several years ago while living in Corpus Christie.It's often requested when guests visit and sure comes in handy when the boys come home with a great catch."—Windy Byrd, Sweeny, Texas
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Dip fillets in butter, then rub with spice mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pepper-Rubbed Red Snapper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review