Pepper Ricotta Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk ricotta cheese and milk; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add peppers, zucchini, peas, oregano and basil. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Place fettuccine in a large bowl; add vegetables and cheese mixture. Toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Pepper Ricotta Primavera
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.