Pepper Potato Gratin Recipe
"We're vegetarians, so I like to serve this aromatic potato and peppers gratin as a main dish with a green salad, but it also goes well with roasted chicken," says Evelyn Plyler of Apple Valley, California.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or additional chicken or vegetable broth
- In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange a third of the potatoes in overlapping rows. Top with half of the pepper. Combine the thyme, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third over peppers. Sprinkle with a third of the Parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons oil. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining potatoes; pour broth and wine or additional broth over potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining thyme mixture and oil. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and golden. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Potato Gratin in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepper Potato Gratin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review