Pepper Pork Pockets Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1. Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until juices run clear. Add red peppers; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk and garlic. Spoon pork mixture into lettuce-lined pita halves. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 698 calories, 44 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,165 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Pork Pockets
"These are excellent. The sauce is so simple but tastes great."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.