Pepper Pork Pockets Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until juices run clear. Add red peppers; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk and garlic. Spoon pork mixture into lettuce-lined pita halves. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 3 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pepper Pork Pockets
Sort By :
These are excellent. The sauce is so simple but tastes great.