- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until juices run clear. Add red peppers; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk and garlic. Spoon pork mixture into lettuce-lined pita halves. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Pork Pockets in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p58
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Pork Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"These are excellent. The sauce is so simple but tastes great."