Pepper Pork Pockets Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until juices run clear. Add red peppers; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk and garlic. Spoon pork mixture into lettuce-lined pita halves. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Pork Pockets in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p58
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Pork Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
These are excellent. The sauce is so simple but tastes great.