- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forPepper Poppers
"I have been making these for parties for a long time and they are always the first things gone. I make them just as written and they are the the best."
"Been making this since it first appeared. So good! The filling is also pretty tasty on its own. I've made it to serve with crackers."
"I had to (begrudgingly) leave out the bacon as well, but they turned out great and everyone loved them. I followed the advice in other comments to pack them close together and none of them tipped over or rolled out. Baked them for half an hour and there was still a nice kick to them."
"My family wants them every get together. My husband loves them with ground turkey and rice."
"I make something similar to these. I can't stress rolling them in bread crumbs before putting them in the oven. It keeps all the ooey-gooey filling in. I have also wrapped each of my poppers in bacon vs. adding it to the recipe for that bacon pop. These freeze well if made ahead of time."
"We enjoyed these very much. My daughter made them and found the recipe to be very easy. She omitted the bacon (she's not a fan of it) but they were still quite tasty! The only problem she ran into was that some of the peppers rolled over on the sheet and the contents ran out. I think as long as we keep the peppers close together next time they will all stay up. Thanks for this keeper!"
"Very yummy! Took them to a party and received many compliments and requests for the recipe."
"These are always requested for every gathering I go to. I make without bread crumbs."
"can't make enough of these. They leave the table so quickly! I have used 1/2 bread crumbs and 1/2 panko. Very good."
"I used low fat cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella, and turkey bacon. It brought the calorie count down to 151 per 3 poppers. I also used Panko bread crumbs. Perfect!!"