- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepper Poppers
Sort By :
"We enjoyed these very much. My daughter made them and found the recipe to be very easy. She omitted the bacon (she's not a fan of it) but they were still quite tasty! The only problem she ran into was that some of the peppers rolled over on the sheet and the contents ran out. I think as long as we keep the peppers close together next time they will all stay up. Thanks for this keeper!"
"Very yummy! Took them to a party and received many compliments and requests for the recipe."
"These are always requested for every gathering I go to. I make without bread crumbs."
"can't make enough of these. They leave the table so quickly! I have used 1/2 bread crumbs and 1/2 panko. Very good."
"I used low fat cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella, and turkey bacon. It brought the calorie count down to 151 per 3 poppers. I also used Panko bread crumbs. Perfect!!"