"These creamy and zippy stuffed jalapenos may be the most popular treats I make," asserts Lisa Byington of Port Crane, New York. "My husband is always hinting to me that I should prepare a batch."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and
- 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing. Yield:
- about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 poppers (calculated without sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing) equals 273 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.