These creamy and zippy stuffed jalapenos may be the most popular treats I make. My husband is always hinting to me that I should prepare a batch. —Lisa Byington, Johnson City, New York
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pepper Poppers in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepper Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review