Pepper Popper Fingers Recipe
Our Test Kitchen had a hand in making these Halloween-inspired jalapeno poppers. They're baked instead of fried so making them is a snap. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, stems removed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each pepper half. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- 2. Place a small amount of ketchup at the end of each popper; top with a sliced almond to resemble a fingernail. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC