Pepper Popper Fingers Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, stems removed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each pepper half. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- 2. Place a small amount of ketchup at the end of each popper; top with a sliced almond to resemble a fingernail. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 95 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Pepper Popper Fingers
"This is a super yummy recipe! I make this dish every year for halloween and they go fast! I do broil them at the end of the cook time to brown them a little bit more. And the ketchup adds a nice sweetness too.When I make them for other occasions, I usually serve them with ranch.Enjoy!"
"JALAPENO PEPPERS ARE OUR FAVORITE!COOKED, PICKLED OR RAW, WE LIKE THEM. THE ONLY THING I CHANGED WAS TO USE CORNFLAKE CRUMBS INSTEAD OF BREAD CRUMBS. (DIDN'T HAVE ANY) IT GAVE THE POPPERS A LITTLE CRNCHY CRUST. THE RECIPE MADE TOO MUCH FOR US SO I USED HALF FOR A CHEESE BALL WITH CRACKERS, YUMMY! (DIDN'T DO THE NAIL THING, IT'S JUNE)"