Pepper Pea Salad
Take a break from pasta and potato salads with this easy-to-assemble medley from Jan Roat. "Peas are one of my favorite vegetables," she writes from Grass Range, Montana. "They complement nearly every meal, particularly when used in this cool summer salad."
5 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, green pepper and onion. In a small
- bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning. Pour over
- vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.