Pepper Patties Recipe
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper; reserve 1 tablespoon; set aside. Crumble beef over the remaining soy sauce mixture; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil and reserved soy sauce mixture for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Add patties to skillet; cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Top patties with peppers and onion; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Patties
"I had made these patties when they were first shown in Taste of Home. I'd used 1 to 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in the cooking skillet for cooking the patties, peppers and onion in addition TO the 1 tsp. vegetable oil so that the vegetables and meat wouldn't stick to the pan!I found these patties to be delicious! delowenstein"
"The children like these a lot. A nice change from normal burgers."