Pepper Patties Recipe
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper; reserve 1 tablespoon; set aside. Crumble beef over the remaining soy sauce mixture; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil and reserved soy sauce mixture for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Add patties to skillet; cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Top patties with peppers and onion; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 209 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Pepper Patties
"I had made these patties when they were first shown in Taste of Home. I'd used 1 to 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in the cooking skillet for cooking the patties, peppers and onion in addition TO the 1 tsp. vegetable oil so that the vegetables and meat wouldn't stick to the pan!I found these patties to be delicious! delowenstein"
"The children like these a lot. A nice change from normal burgers."