Bring the season's taste inside by fixing beef burgers and colorful peppers. The serving suggestions are many-present them on a bead of hot cooked noodles for a hearty dinner, alone for a lighter meal of on bread as a open-faced sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper; reserve 1 tablespoon; set aside. Crumble beef over the remaining soy sauce mixture; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil and reserved soy sauce mixture for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add patties to skillet; cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Top patties with peppers and onion; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Patties in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p7
Reviews for Pepper Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review