Pepper Parmesan Beans
The garlic adds a savory zip, and the Parmesan cheese mixed in makes it both hearty and satistfying.Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until
- the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, basil and
- salt; toss to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8
- minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.