The garlic adds a savory zip, and the Parmesan cheese mixed in makes it both hearty and satistfying.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, basil and salt; toss to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Parmesan Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p9
Reviews for Pepper Parmesan Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review