A colorful mixture of peppers and green beans get an Italian treatment with basil and Parmesan cheese in this delightful vegetable dish. The garlic adds a savory zip. —Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, basil and salt; toss to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Parmesan Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p9
Reviews for Pepper Parmesan Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2016
"I made this recipe as directed. Very tasty. Will make again."