These colorful and versatile pizzas are piled high with peppers, but taste great with any veggies. They’re also a quick fix for lunch or dinner. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each small sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers, onion and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides of bread with pesto; top with pepper mixture. Top with cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Lover's Pizza in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p60
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepper Lover's Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review