Pepper Lover's BLT Recipe
One of my family's favorite sandwiches is a BLT, and they especially love this one because it combines the tantalizing tastes of bacon, fresh tomatoes and hot peppers.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers or green chilies, thinly sliced
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 thin slices cooked turkey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pimientos, pepper and pepper sauce. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Spread four slices of toast with Dijon-mayonnaise blend. Sprinkle with cheese; top with jalapenos, bacon, tomato, lettuce, turkey. Spread mayonnaise mixture on remaining toast; place over turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 485 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1469mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Lover's BLT
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC