Pepper-Lime Pork Kabobs
"This is my family's favorite treatment for pork," says Donna Godfrey from Cumming, Georgia. "The slices of tenderloin get a flavorful zip from a Mexican-inspired marinade. I often fix the skewers for company, because much of the prep work can be done ahead of time."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and ground cumin
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lime juice,
- parsley, vinegar, jalapenos and seasonings; add pork and turn to
- coat. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread the pork slices onto metal
- or soaked wood skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until the
- meat juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 10-12
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.