- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and ground cumin
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lime juice, parsley, vinegar, jalapenos and seasonings; add pork and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread the pork slices onto metal or soaked wood skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until the meat juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPepper-Lime Pork Kabobs
"These had a really good flavor and simple to assemble. Like the other poster, long marinades don't always work for me due to my lack of planning. But, finally, I did plan these in advance, marinating the full 24 hours, after the recipe sat in my "to try" folder for quite some time."
"This was really good pork but I gave it four stars because I really did not like the long marinating time. This is just me and my crazy life, but it was really hard to get it all together a day in advance, made harder by the fact that I first had to defrost the pork from the freezer, and then marinate for a day. The recipe wasn't hard or necessarily difficult, it was just me :) When I make it next time, I will prepare everything and then throw it into the freezer and use it as a freezer meal, marinating while it defrosts.The taste was very good. I usually don't have great luck with pork on the grill and I was afraid that with the jalepeno that it would be too spicy, but it almost had a little bit of a sweet taste. Really tasty!"