Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Cut cheese into two 2-1/4-n. x 1-in. x 3/4-in. strips. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each chicken breast half; fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub Mexican seasoning over chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken
"Delicious and easy enough to make anytime, pretty and economical enough to make for guest!"
"SO YUMMY, and really easy. I doubled the recipe, and hubby said he could eat 6 more breasts! Not often is he so enthusiastic about dinner. I think I'll tie the chicken next time--the toothpicks were tough to remove."
"This is the most delicious recipe! I search out a recipe for pepper jack chicken after having it at a restaurant but this recipe beat what I ate in restaurant. Can't wait to make for friends but mostly for me!"
"This recipe is a hit in my house & each time I have doubled the recipe! Easy to make & very tasty! It also makes for excellent leftovers!"
"This was very tasty and my whole family enjoyed it! I will probably make this again."
"made this for the first time and my husband gave it two thumbs up! this is a keeper, very good."
"Very tasty. I cannot tolerate very spicy food; this is just right. Great recipe."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.