Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Cut cheese into two 2-1/4-n. x 1-in. x 3/4-in. strips. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each chicken breast half; fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub Mexican seasoning over chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.