- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut cheese into two 2-1/4-n. x 1-in. x 3/4-in. strips. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each chicken breast half; fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub Mexican seasoning over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken
"Delicious and easy enough to make anytime, pretty and economical enough to make for guest!"
"This is the most delicious recipe! I search out a recipe for pepper jack chicken after having it at a restaurant but this recipe beat what I ate in restaurant. Can't wait to make for friends but mostly for me!"
"This recipe is a hit in my house & each time I have doubled the recipe! easy to make & very tasty! It also makes for excellent leftovers!"
"This was very tasty and my whole family enjoyed it! I will probably make this again."
"made this for the first time and my husband gave it two thumbs up! this is a keeper, very good."
"Very tasty. I cannot tolerate very spicy food; this is just right. Great recipe."