The spicy cheese and Mexican seasoning give plenty of zip to these tender chicken rolls. Round out the meal with rice pilaf and pineapple tidbits. Or microwave frozen broccoli and serve peppermint stick ice cream for dessert.
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut cheese into two 2-1/4-n. x 1-in. x 3/4-in. strips. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each chicken breast half; fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub Mexican seasoning over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review