"I made these nicely seasoned potatoes all the time...they seem to go with anything," says Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Priced at 42¢ a serving, this side dish is sure to satisfy several guests without straining your budget.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Combine the butter and seasonings; drizzle over the potato mixture; toss to coat. Place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p34
Reviews for Pepper Jack Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review