Pepper Jack Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Combine the butter and seasonings; drizzle over the potato mixture; toss to coat. Place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Potatoes
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe! We've made it for others as well, all with positive comments!
It's rare that I don't like a Taste of Home recipe, but I didn't care for this one at all. It had great potential, but I didn't find it very flavorful. Perhaps tinkering with the spice combination may help. If you're looking for a nice bite, I would definately use the pepper jack vs. the monterey jack cheese. I used the monterey jack and it just didn't do anything for it.
strongly recomended!!! exellent reciepe!!!