Pepper Jack Muffins Recipe
This is a delicious muffin recipe to serve with any soup or chili recipe. Regular cheddar cheese can be used instead of the Pepperjack cheese for a milder muffin.Deborah Forrest, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 5 muffins.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Muffins in Reminisce Extra May 2009, p52
Reviews for Pepper Jack Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review