If your family needs a change from ordinary sandwiches, reach for this recipe! Peppercorn salad dressing and pepper Jack cheese liven up every bite.
- 8 bacon strips
- 1/4 cup prepared peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 8 slices rye bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place four bacon strips at a time on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp.
- Spread salad dressing on four slices of bread; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Melts in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p5
Reviews for Pepper Jack Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2010
"My husband and 2 sons gave this recipe a thumbs up. Sandwiches get so routine, I am always looking for quick but tasty versions, and this fits the bill."