Pepper Jack Meat Loaf
For a simple yet sensational dinner, try this recipe. This is a quick way to put a zesty twist on a traditional main dish.Debra Hartze, Zeeland, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press half of the
- beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased
- 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within
- 1/2 in. of sides. Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.