For a simple yet sensational dinner, try this recipe. This is a quick way to put a zesty twist on a traditional main dish.—Debra Hartze, Zeeland, North Dakota
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in. of sides. Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p7
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review