Pepper Jack Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in. of sides. Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Meat Loaf(3)
Sort By :
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine 9 years ago. I just love it and my little girl even loves it! Very flavorful and easy to make. It's a keeper for sure!
the first time I made this I thought it was a litttle dry so the next time I only used a half of a cup of breadcrumbs and added a half of a cup of salsa to the meat mixture. Big improvement in taste and texture
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >