Pepper Jack Mac Recipe
This spicy dish is a fast favorite of mine. If I have extra time, I top it with Parmesan bread crumbs and bake, uncovered, in a casserole dish at 375° for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. —Sarah Gilbert, Beaverton, Oregon
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3/4 teaspoon drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in drippings and butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain macaroni; stir macaroni and bacon into sauce mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 423 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Mac
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC