Pepper Jack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- 1. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with seasoned pepper and garlic powder. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with cheese and salsa. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Pepper Jack Chicken
"Quick and easy recipe! Very easy to adapt the serving size when making it for a family! I made it when it was hot and humid. This recipe took no effort and tasted great! I thought that it had quite a bite which is a good thing. Instead of noodles, I coupled it with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Definately a keeper!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.