Pepper Jack Chicken
“As a retired senior citizen with a working husband, I have to make easy dinners for two,” notes Dorothy Storms of Winder, Georgia. “These grilled chicken breasts topped with zippy cheese and salsa are a favorite.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with seasoned pepper and garlic
- powder. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with cheese and salsa. Serve
- with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese; calculated without noodles) equals 257 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.