Pepper Jack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- 1. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with seasoned pepper and garlic powder. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with cheese and salsa. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Chicken
"quick and easy recipe! Very easy to adapt the serving size when making it for a family! I made it when it was hot and humid. This recipe took no effort and tasted great! I thought that it had quite a bite which is a good thing. Instead of noodles, I coupled it with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Definately a keeper!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.