“As a retired senior citizen with a working husband, I have to make easy dinners for two,” notes Dorothy Storms of Winder, Georgia. “These grilled chicken breasts topped with zippy cheese and salsa are a favorite.”
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with seasoned pepper and garlic powder. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with cheese and salsa. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Jack Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pepper Jack Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review