Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
"If you see a group of people huddled around an appetizer table, it's probably because they're feasting on these fun snacks," writes field editor Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "The cornflakes give them a crisp coating, and the soft creamy center has just enough kick to liven up any party."
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound block pepper Jack cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Salsa and guacamole
- Cut cheese into 2-3/4-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place the flour, eggs and
- cornflakes in three separate shallow bowls. Coat cheese sticks with
- flour; dip in egg, then roll in cornflakes until well coated. Let
- stand for 5 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cook
- cheese sticks in batches for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve with salsa
- and guacamole. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.