Pepper-Crusted Sirloin Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first four ingredients.
- 2. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; spread with mustard mixture. Roast until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 2-1/4 to 3 hours.
- 3. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef: 141 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, trace fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pepper-Crusted Sirloin Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.